Take control of your pain and get back in the saddle
No matter whether you cycle for pleasure or you’re a professional, we understand the frustration and disappointment you feel when you suffer pain, experience a one-off injury or endure a recurring problem. Unfortunately, this stuff’s pretty much par for any cyclist’s course, but it needn’t hinder you in the long-term. Even if you’re lucky enough to be pain-free right now, it may be that you’re training for an event or simply want to improve your performance? Either way, we understand and you’re now in the right place.
Some great reasons to choose us
- We have therapists with experience in treating cycling problems.
- We have a company-wide training strategy to keep our therapists on top of their game.
- We have the determination and training to understand your problem and identify the very best treatment to get you back in the saddle as quickly as possible.
- Each and every one of our therapists truly cares about your wellbeing and is focused on getting you pain free in the shortest possible time.
- We operate a flexible appointment schedule to work around your commitments.
Typical Cycling injuries we treat
Here’s an idea of some of the cycling issues we treat:
- Knee problems and injuries from Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL), Meniscus (cartilage) problems and Medial Cruciate Ligament (MCL) to Illiotibial band (ITB) friction syndrome
- Back pain and injuries such as sciatica, pinched nerves and disc problems
- Head and neck pain and injuries like cervical spondylosis, capsulitis, disc bulges and sprains
- Trapped nerves
- Anterior knee pain
The key to finding the right solution
If you’re on the lookout for a professional who will give you a thorough physical check-up and provide the right treatment that gets to the root of your cycling problem (particularly important with recurring injuries) or if you want guidance and help to prevent injury, at the Physio Centres, we’re here to help.
We’ll work with you to improve your cycling performance and reduce your risk of injury by developing a better understanding of how you cycle, where problems might arise and what you can do to protect yourself from injury, as well as seriously raising your performance.
We do this by:
- Diagnosing your cycling injury
- Treating your pain at source
- Screening for the prevention of future injuries
- Providing advice on your cycling programme and training schedule
Working with us
You can read all about the personal journeys our therapists took below. In a nutshell, our dedicated therapists are experienced in the treatment of cycling injuries and rehabilitation after cycling injuries. They have experience in treating cyclists and share a longstanding and strong personal interest in the sport.
In short, we really “get” cyclists and their needs and motivations and are exceptional at the treatment of complex cycling problems and recurring injuries in particular. We take a truly global view of every cyclist we treat, giving you the best possible chances of achieving your personal best.
The way we treat you
We’ll help pinpoint the stresses that cycling might be putting on your body. Things we look at typically include imbalance in your muscular system, your cycling efficiency and your functional ability. All of this information not only helps us get you on a fast track to being pain-free, it enables us to share tactics with you that you can use to develop a new, real and workable strategy to boost your performance and reduce the risk of time out of the saddle.
Book your Appointment
To make your appointment with our Cycling specialist,just call us on 0131 556 1116 for Edinburgh or 0141 332 6000 for Glasgow, or use the form below.
Find out what will happen during your first visit and how much it costs. There’s no need to spend another day in pain; help is available, right here, right now.