Take control of your pain now
No matter whether you dance for pleasure or you’re a professional performer, we understand the frustration and disappointment you feel when you suffer pain, experience a one-off injury or endure a recurring problem. Unfortunately, this stuff’s pretty much par for any dancer or performer’s course, but the right treatment now will keep you performing in the long-term. Even if you’re lucky enough to be pain-free right now, it may be that you’re rehearsing for an upcoming event or you simply want to improve your overall performance? Either way, we understand and you’re now in the right place.
Great reasons to choose our Dancers and Performers Clinic
- Our therapists 'get' your problem, because they are trained in the specifics of dancers and performers bodies.
- We have therapists who specialise in treating dance and performance-related problems, to get you pain-free in the shortest possible time.
- Our therapists will refer you to the right therapies for you, including pilates, yoga and massage to make sure you get the long term benefits you need.
Typical Dance and Performance-related injuries we treat
Here’s an idea of some of the conditions we’re most commonly asked to treat:
- Hypermobility Syndrome
- Foot pain like dupuytrens contracture foot and flat feet, hammer toes and bunions
- Knee pains such as Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL), Meniscus (cartilage) problems, Medial Cruciate Ligament (MCL) and Illiotibial band (ITB) friction syndrome
- Hamstring, adductor and quad strains
- Ankle issues like Achilles Tendinitis and sprains
- Leg pain and injuries like shin splints and calf tears
- Low back pain such as sciatica, pinched nerves and disc problems
- Neck pain like cervical spondylosis and sprains
- Shoulder pain including nerve pains and sprains
The key to finding the right solution
If you’re suffering reduced mobility due to injury or pain due to overuse; if you have muscle tears, reduced strength, hyper or hypo mobility, or if an injury is stopping you performing at your best, we’re here to help. If you’re on the lookout for a professional who will give you a thorough physical check-up and provide the right treatment that that will get you back to performing or dancing, at the Physio Centres, we’re here to help.
We’ll work with you to improve your flexibility and stability and help you reduce the risk of compensation injuries.
We do this by
- Carrying out specific diagnostics and treatments for dancers and performers
- Treating your pain at source
- Retraining your core stability with dance-specific exercises
- Providing targeted muscle treatment and not just releasing ‘everything’!
- Working with you to modify your training to enable you to avoid the injuries that you’re most susceptible to
Work with a dance and performance specialist
You can read all about the personal journeys our therapists took to becoming specialist dance and performance physios below. In a nutshell, our dedicated therapists are trained and specialised in the treatment of dance and performance-related injuries, rehabilitation after these injuries and specific dance techniques. We have extensive experience in treating dancers and performers and share a longstanding and strong personal interest in the performing arts.
In short, we really “get” dancers and performers and their needs and motivations and, are exceptional at the treatment of complex problems and recurring injuries in particular. We work closely with our biomechanics specialist and our nutritionist and together take a truly global view of every dancer and performer we treat, giving them the best possible chances of achieving their personal goals.
The way we treat you
We’ll work with you to correct imbalances and reduce stress on tissues. The work we do will help increase mobility, flexibility and stability at the same time as reducing pain quickly. And that simply has to be good news for any dancer or performer.
Book your Appointment
To make your appointment with our Dance & Performance specialist, just call us on 0131 556 1116, email us or if you have any questions please use the form below.
Find out what will happen during your first visit and how much it costs. There’s no need to spend another day in pain; help is available, right here, right now.