Take control of your hip and groin pain now
Hip and groin pain can dramatically affect your life. It may be that you’ve done the rounds of painkillers and alternative therapies and are still seeking relief? It could be that you have hip, buttock or groin pain or osteoarthritis. Or maybe it’s general stiffness around your hip and groin area that’s causing you a problem? You might experience pain or discomfort when you move your hip and groin? Perhaps you have suffered a sporting injury or a trauma to the hip and groin area; or maybe you have a previous or recurring niggle? Either way, if you’re in pain it’s time to take a new approach.
Great reasons to choose our Hip and Groin Clinic
- We have therapists who specialise in treating hip and groin pain, day in and day out.
- Your therapist will carry out a full and thorough assessment of your unique hip and groin problem to identify the right solution for you – whether it’s physio treatment alone, or in combination with massage, pilates, yoga and a biomechanics assessment.
- We have a company wide training strategy to keep our specialist therapists up to date with the latest research and developments in the field.
Typical hip and groin injuries we treat
Here’s an idea of some of the conditions we’re most commonly asked to treat:
- Groin strain
- Groin hernia
- Hip arthritis
- Adductor sprain/strain
- Piriformis syndrome
- SIJ dysfunction
- Trapped nerve
The key to finding the right solution
If you’re on the lookout for a professional who will help get you pain free as quickly as possible, you’re in the right place. Our hip and groin specialists will give you a thorough physical check-up and will provide the right treatment to get to the root of your hip and groin pain problem. We will work with you to improve flexibility and posture and to give you confidence to move safely again. If you are having problems with sitting, standing, driving, running or walking, we’ll address those as well as giving you guidance on exercising safely. You’ll get all the answers you need to reassure you about your hip and groin pain, alongside accurate, professional advice. In short, at the Physio Centres, we’re here to help get you pain free in the best possible way and in the shortest time possible.
We do this by:
- Carrying out an assessment of your hip joint complex and pelvis
- Making a functional assessment which will look at specific movements that affect your problem
- Making a thorough and accurate diagnosis
- Recommending treatment that addresses the underlying problem and helps prevent future reoccurrence
- Providing advice on exercise that is safe for your condition
Work with a hip and groin specialist
You can read all about the personal journeys our therapists took to becoming specialist hip and groin physios below. In a nutshell, our dedicated therapists are trained and specialised in the treatment of hip and groin pain and have extensive experience in getting you back to living the life you want to live as quickly as possible.
In short, we really “get” hip and groin pain problems and the impact that hip and groin pain has on your life. We work closely with our biomechanics specialist and will take a truly global view of your pain issues to provide the very best solution.
The way we treat you
We’ll accurately assess your hip and groin pain to help pinpoint the cause of your problem. We’ll provide soft tissue release to relieve the tight areas as well as carrying out joint mobilisations to improve your flexibility. The work we do will promote tissue healing and improve blood flow around the body. In a nutshell, we’ll free you of your debilitating pain as quickly and as effectively as we possibly can.
Book your Appointment
To make your appointment with our Hip & Groin specialist,just call us on 0131 556 1116 for Edinburgh or 0141 332 6000 for Glasgow, or use the form below.
Find out what will happen during your first visit and how much it costs. There’s no need to spend another day in pain; help is available, right here, right now.