Take control of your knee pain now
Knee pain can dramatically affect your life. It may be that you’ve done the rounds of painkillers and alternative therapies and are still seeking relief? It could be that you have constant pain or stiffness around the knee area or when you move your knee? Or you may be suffering pain when you’re going up or coming down stairs? Perhaps you have experienced a sporting injury or a trauma to your knee; or maybe you have a previous or recurring niggle? Either way, if you’re stiff and in pain it’s time to take a new approach.
Great reasons to choose our Knee Clinic
- We have therapists who specialise in treating knee problems, day in and day out.
- We will carry out a full and thorough assessment of your unique knee issue to identify the right solution for you – whether it’s physio treatment alone, or in combination with massage, pilates, yoga and a biomechanics assessment.
- We have a company wide training strategy to keep our specialist therapists up to date with the latest research and developments in the field.
Typical knee injuries we treat
Here’s an idea of some of the conditions we’re most commonly asked to treat:
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL)
- Meniscus (cartilage) problem
- Swollen knee (fluid on the knee)
- Painful kneecap
- Medial Cruciate Ligament (MCL)
- Illiotibial band (ITB) friction syndrome
- Anterior knee pain
- Arthritic knee pain
The key to finding the right solution
If you’re on the lookout for a professional who will help get you pain free as quickly as possible, you’re in the right place. Our knee specialists will give you a thorough physical check-up and will diagnose your knee problem and provide the right treatment to get to the root of what’s causing you pain and discomfort. We will work with you to improve your flexibility and posture and to give you the confidence to move safely again. You’ll get all the answers you need to reassure you about your knee pain alongside accurate, professional advice. In short, at the Physio Centres, we’re here to help get you pain free in the best possible way and in the shortest time possible.
We do this by:
- Carrying out a full assessment and diagnosis of your pain
- Identifying the underlying cause of your pain
- Providing recommendations to prevent further injury or damage
- Creating a programme of hands-on treatment, muscle release and specific strengthening exercises to get you pain free
Work with a knee specialist
You can read all about the personal journeys our therapists took to becoming specialist knee physios below. In a nutshell, our dedicated therapists are trained and specialised in the treatment of knee pain and injury and have extensive experience in getting people back to living the life they want to live as quickly as possible.
In short, we really “get” knee problems and the impact of knee pain on your life. We work closely with our biomechanics specialist and will take a truly global view of your knee issues to provide the very best solution.
The way we treat you
We’ll accurately assess your posture and muscle balance, and work with you to identify the tasks or movements that intensify your knee pain. This helps us pinpoint the cause of your problem. We’ll then work to rebuild muscle balance by providing soft tissue techniques to relieve the tight areas around the patella (kneecap). Where necessary we will tape your knee to reduce strain and improve alignment. In short, we’ll work to get you safely and progressively back to full function or your desired sporting activities as quickly and as effectively as we possibly can.
Book your Appointment
To make your appointment with our Knee specialist,just call us on 0131 556 1116 for Edinburgh or 0141 332 6000 for Glasgow, or use the form below.
Find out what will happen during your first visit and how much it costs. There’s no need to spend another day in pain; help is available, right here, right now.