A helping hand to regain peak performance
If you’ve suffered an injury or you’re planning on getting back into sport after a period of inactivity then our Strength and Conditioning Clinic could be the solution you’re looking for. Perhaps you’re planning on entering a challenging sporting competition or facing demanding or highly physical job? Either way, if you think you might benefit from a physical grading assessment, followed by a programme of support to get you on the right track, then our Strength and Conditioning Clinic is likely to be the answer.
Great reasons to choose our Strength and Conditioning Clinic
- Our therapists are highly qualified, experienced and accredited (UKSCA: UK Strength and Conditioning Accreditation) in strength and conditioning and help people improve their strength and condition day in and day out.
- They 'get' your problem, because they benefit from an excellent knowledge of anatomy and neurophysiology.
- We will work with you to get you to where you want to be using gradual, graded progress to provide optimal results.
Typical issues we treat
Here’s an idea of some of the conditions and reasons that bring people to our Strength and Conditioning Clinic (with links on each to an underlying page which will come later):
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL)
- Meniscus (cartilage) problem
- Plantar fasciitis
- Achilles Tendinopathy
- Shin Splints
- Adductor sprains
- Tendon pain (tendinopathy)
- Runners knee (Patello-femoral pain syndrome and ITB related disorders)
- After an ankle sprain or fracture
- After a period of low back pain
- Preparing to return to sport after a prolonged period of inactivity
- Tennis/golfer’s elbow
- Shoulder impingement syndrome and overhead performance related disorders
- Lumbopelvic dysfunction
- Groin pain
- Hamstring pain
- Recurrent ‘niggles or injuries’ from sports
- If you want the confidence to return safely to your sport or exercise
The key to finding the right solution
If you’re on the lookout for a professional who will give you a thorough physical check-up with a view to carrying out in-depth performance and body awareness assessments that will lead to the development of performance enhancement programmes, at the Physio Centres, we’re here to help.
We’ll work with you to get your body performing at its most efficient and most effective level by working with you to maximise your potential.
We do this by:
- Carrying out an in-depth assessment and specific needs analysis
- Availing of regular (4 weekly) reviews
- Screening for strength, power, endurance, speed, agility and flexibility
- Using cluster testing to provide in-depth insight
- Measuring outcomes to formulate and refine your programme
Work with a Strength and Conditioning specialist
You can read all about the personal journeys our therapists took to becoming specialist Strength and Conditioning physios below. They have extensive experience in providing Strength and Conditioning support to men and women of all ages and at all levels of activity.
Our therapists really “get” people who want support after injury, before re-starting sport after a period of inactivity or have physical or demanding jobs. They also understand that you may want to avail of our Strength and Conditioning Clinic prior to entering a sporting competition or when you want a grading assessment and programme to help you achieve your objectives safely. They work closely with our biomechanics specialist and our nutritionist and together take a truly global view of everyone they treat, giving them the greatest possible chance of achieving their personal best.
The way we treat you
We’ll accurately assess your strength, power, endurance, speed, agility and flexibility to establish your levels at the start. Thereafter we will work with you to develop a bespoke programme that will enable you to achieve your sporting, work or physical objectives safely and with reduced risk of injury. If you’re recovering from an injury, we’ll help you get back on track as quickly and as effectively as possible.
Book your Appointment
To make your appointment with our Strength and Conditioning Clinic, just call us on 0131 556 1116 for Edinburgh or 0141 332 6000 for Glasgow, or use the form below.
Find out what will happen during your first visit and how much it costs. There’s no need to spend another day in pain or underperforming; help is available, right here, right now.