Take control of your performance injury now
No matter whether you perform for pleasure or you’re a professional, we understand the frustration and disappointment you feel when you suffer pain, experience a one-off injury or endure a recurring problem. Unfortunately, this stuff’s pretty much par for the course for any actor or acrobat, but you can get the help to take control to ensure you can continue to perform long-term. Even if you’re lucky enough to be pain-free right now, it may be that you’re rehearsing for an upcoming event or show or perhaps you simply want to improve your overall performance? Either way, we understand and you’re now in the right place.
Great reasons to choose our Theatre and Acrobatics Clinic
- Our therapists 'get' your problem, because they are trained in the specifics of actors’ and acrobats’ bodies.
- We have therapists who specialise in treating performance-related problems to get you pain-free in the shortest possible time.
- Our therapists will recommend a broad range of therapies such as pilates, yoga and physio to make sure you get the long term benefits you need.
Typical acting and acrobatic-related injuries we treat
Here’s an idea of some of the conditions we’re most commonly asked to treat:
- Hypermobility Syndrome
- Foot pains like dupuytrens contracture foot and flat feet, hammer toes and bunions
- Knee pains such as Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL), Meniscus (cartilage) problems, Medial Cruciate Ligament (MCL) and Illiotibial band (ITB) friction syndrome
- Hamstring, adductor and quad strains
- Ankle issues like Achilles Tendinitis and sprains
- Leg pain and injuries like shin splints and calf tears
- Low back pain such as sciatica, pinched nerves and disc problems
- Neck pain like cervical spondylosis and sprains
- Shoulder pain including nerve pains and sprains
The key to finding the right solution
If you’re suffering reduced mobility due to injury or pain because of overuse; if you have muscle tears, reduced strength, hyper or hypo mobility, or if an injury is stopping you performing at your best, you’re in the right place. If you’re on the lookout for a professional who will give you a thorough physical check-up and provide the right treatment that that will get you back to performing safely, at the Physio Centres, we’re here to help.
We do this by:
- Carrying out specific diagnostics and treatments for actors and acrobats
- Treating your pain at source
- Providing targeted muscle treatment and not just releasing ‘everything’!
- Working with you to modify your training to enable you to avoid the injuries that you’re most susceptible to
Work with a theatre and acrobatic specialist
You can read all about the personal journeys our therapists took to becoming specialist performing physios below. In a nutshell, our dedicated therapists are trained and experienced in the treatment of performance-related injuries and rehabilitation after these injuries using specific techniques. They have extensive experience in treating actors and acrobats and share a longstanding and strong personal interest in the performing arts.
In short, we really “get” actors and acrobats, their needs and motivations and are exceptional at the treatment of complex problems, and recurring injuries in particular. We work closely with our biomechanics specialist and our nutritionist and together take a truly global view of every performer we treat, giving you the best possible chances of achieving your personal goals.
The way we treat you
We’ll work with you to correct imbalances and reduce stress on tissues. The work we do will help increase mobility, flexibility and stability at the same time as reducing pain quickly. And that simply has to be good news for any performer.
Book your Appointment
To make your appointment with our Theatre and Acrobatics specialist,just call us on 0131 556 1116 for Edinburgh or 0141 332 6000 for Glasgow, or use the form below.
Find out what will happen during your first visit and how much it costs. There’s no need to spend another day in pain; help is available, right here, right now.