Take control of your sporting injury
No matter whether you play football for pleasure or you’re a professional, we understand the frustration and disappointment you feel when you suffer pain, experience a one-off injury or endure a recurring problem. Unfortunately, these things are pretty much par for the course in a footballer’s life, but we will help you to take control to keep you in the game long-term. Even if you’re lucky enough to be pain and injury-free right now, it may be that you’ve got a big match coming up and you want to up your game? Either way, we understand and you’re now in the right place.
Great reasons to choose us
- We integrate physio and pilates (yes, pilates – all the big football teams are doing it now).
- We will give you exercises to keep you active whilst you are being treated, to keep you fit during injury time.
- We have a company-wide training strategy to keep our therapists on top of their game, to give you the right solution for your unique problem.
Typical Football injuries we treat
Here’s an idea of some of the football pains and injuries we’re most commonly asked to treat:
- Hip and groin pain and injuries such as groin strain, hernia, adductor sprain/strain
- Shoulder pain and injuries like frozen shoulder, impingement syndrome, fractures and dislocations
- Head and neck pain and injuries like cervical spondylosis, capsulitis, disc bulges and sprains
- Knee pain and injuries, for example Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL), Meniscus (cartilage) problems, Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) and Illiotibial band (ITB) friction syndrome
- Ankle pain and injuries such as Achilles Tendinitis and sprains
- Leg and foot pain and injuries like dupuytrens contracture foot, shin splints as well as flat feet, hammer toes and bunions
- Back pain and injuries such as sciatica, pinched nerves and disc problems
The key to finding the right solution
If you’re suffering an injury from playing football or have a niggle that’s never been fully treated or resolved, you’ll know how frustrating this can be. If you’ve got pain, swelling, stiffness or a general lack of flexibility, then there’s something not quite right. We’ll work with you to analyse your posture and specific strain positions to identify possible areas of muscle imbalance. Thereafter we’ll put together a personalised treatment programme to loosen the tight areas and strengthen the weak areas. Our over-riding goal is to help get you pain free and to improve your performance through a highly personalised treatment and rehab programme.
Our therapists will help you reach your personal goals, improve your posture and reduce pain, giving you the confidence to throw yourself back onto the pitch, but in a safe way.
Work with a football specialist
You can read all about the personal journeys our therapists took below. In a nutshell, our dedicated therapists are experienced in the treatment of footballers from fun 5-a-sides players to profesionals. We understand the motivation for footballers to get back to your sport as well as being highly skilled physiotherapists.
What’s more, we are certified rehab instructors, means you can confidently leave us to treat your current injuries and provide you with a programme to prevent further injuries in the future.
The way we treat you
We’ll accurately assess your injury and your posture and any sports specific problems you have so we can diagnose your problem. Because we understand and have extensive experience in the mechanism of injury during football, we’re perfectly positioned to really get to the root of the problem. Once we know exactly what is causing you pain and why, we’ll give you advice on how many sessions you might require and which treatments are best. When considering your treatment we’ll look at the full range of options including yoga, pilates and massage.
Book your Appointment
To make your appointment with our Football specialist, just call us on 0131 556 1116 for Edinburgh or 0141 332 6000 for Glasgow, or use the form below.
Find out what will happen during your first visit and how much it costs. There’s no need to spend another day in pain; help is available, right here, right now.